Features & Benefits:
- Designed for medium and heavy duty brake applications
- It has a usable spread of 17.5 inches and a maximum reach of 12.25 inches
- Two 3/4" x 14 UNF Forcing Screws (6.2" and 13.3" threaded length) with 1" diameter hex and striking cap
- One 8-foot ratcheting safety strap
- Covered by OTC's lifetime warranty.
The 6979 is the ideal solution for removing frozen, rusted or seized drums and rotors found on 1-ton pickups, school buses and larger vehicles. It has a usable spread of 17.5 inches and a maximum reach of 12.25 inches. It comes with two forcing screws for standard and tall brake drums. Both screws are specially treated for smooth operation and superior longevity. The integrated striking cap on each screw can help pop the rotor or drum loose. An improved design simplifies the puller leg positioning on the cross bar and the legs have a mild radius to the attach point on the drum or rotor. Includes an 8-foot ratchet strap to secure puller legs to the drum or rotor. Covered by OTC's Lifetime Warranty.
*SAFETY TIP: Whenever you're pulling drums or rotors, leave one lug nut on to catch the component when it breaks free.