- Oni Tools Cylinder Liner Installer Tool was designed to install cylinder liners for Detroit Diesel 60 series engines.
- This tool is an alternative to OEM J-35597-A and OTC5874
- Designed to fit 14.0L and 12.7L Detroit Diesel engines.
- Oni Tools ensures quality products and stands behind top of the line manufacturing. We guarantee our products to last and offer support along the way.
- Simply slide the cylinder kit assembly into the cylinder block noting the position of the connecting rod to ensure the rod is assembled to the same position as it was when removed.
- Push by hand until resistance is felt. Install cylinder liner installer (J–35597–A) over the kit to be installed. It is necessary to leave the cylinder kit installation tool in place until after the liner protrusion is measured.
- Thread three cylinder head bolts through the tool and into a head bolt hole, so that the round shoe of the tool is centered over the liner. Alternately tighten the three bolts until they are tight.
- Turn the threaded center bolt in a clockwise direction. As the round shoe of the tool reaches the liner, ensure that the shoe is properly positioned into the cylinder liner. Continue turning the bolt until the liner bottoms in the cylinder counterbore.
- Apply a tightening torque of 60 N·m (44 lb·ft) to the installation tool center bolt.
- Install a dial indicator sled gage. Measure the distance from the top of the liner flange to the top of the block and remove the cylinder liner tool.
Worth the purchase
The Cylinder Liner Installer is both affordable and of high quality. Excellent purchase.
The Cylinder Liner Installer came on time and in good condition. Excellent work!
Excellent Cylinder Liner Installer that perfectly fits my 12.7L Detroit Diesel engine as a J-35597-A replacement.
The Cylinder Liner Installer is very effective and efficient, saving both time and money.
Good tool. Works as advertised. Happy with purchase.